15th October saw the North West Group’s Closing Run, organised by our new GO Bob Barlow and ably assisted by Trevor Gill. Seven Morgans plus Sue Clews and Annette Gray in a Frogeye Sprite and Dennis and Wendy Rushton in a smart MX5 assembled at Fryer’s Garden Centre for a 25 mile run through the lovely Cheshire countryside, ending at the Legh Arms in Adlington for lunch, where two more Morgans joined the group.
- Group Organiser Bob Barlow in his MX4 Sports.
- Assistant GO Trevor Gill in his stripped down MX2 beetleback Super Sports.
- Retired GO Mike Guess in his J.A.P 8/75 engined 3 speeder Aero.
- TD Green in his “Silver Dream” café racer Super Aero.
- Bob Angell in his MX4 beetleback Super Sports.
- Dennis Winstanley in his beetleback MX4 Super Sports.
- Jonathan Garside in his 60° J.A.P beetleback Super Sports.
- Roy Summerscales in his very original MX4 barrelback Super Sports.
- Steve Uprichard in his barrelback MX4 Super Sports.
After lunch and suitably refreshed, the nine Morgans (plus more modern four wheelers) set off to the Avro Heritage Museum at Woodford. Morgans were assembled around the enormous wing of the resident Vulcan bomber and Dennis Rushton took some super photos, despite the sun being in the wrong place (the museum volunteers weren’t keen to turn the aircraft round to a more photogenic position).
A good look around the museum where Sue Clews and Annette Gray excelled on the flight simulator and Mike Guess obviously enjoyed his retirement from the rigours of being GO. All this was followed by tea and cakes after which the group worked on routes homeward and departed, mentally and bodily refreshed.
An excellent venue with lots of interesting exhibits and activities. Another cracking day out.
And now, the photos from Dennis Rushton.