The UK Legislation regarding the MoT Test requirements for pre-1960 vehicles came into force on 18 November 2012. The introduction of this legislation basically means that owners of pre-1960 three wheelers do not have to have their cars MoT tested although a voluntary test is still available for those members who require that little bit of extra assurance.
The allocation of age-related registration numbers to pre-1960 cars is still an area that requires clarification and the details will be added to he website as soon as possible.
To view the letter issued by the DVLA to the Federation of British Historic Vehicle Clubs and the Morgan Three Wheeler Club, click here.
To look at the government website related to this issue, click here.
For those members who have pre-1960 three wheelers who still want an MoT, check the list below:
MOT Test Stations recommended by Members.
- Meadvale Garage, Clarence Walk, Meadvale, Redhill, Surrey, RH11 6NF Tel. 01737 242333
- TA Lingard Motors, Billet Lane,Berkhamsted, Herts HP4 1DP Tel 01442 871911
- Alderton Garage, Stow Rd, Tewkesbury, Contact Mark Greening, 01242 620220 or e-mail [email protected]
- Phils Auto Repairs, 47A Morland Road, Weston Super Mare, Tel, 01934 633283
- Blandford MOT, Bournemouth Road, Charlton Marshal, Blandford Forum, Dorset DT11 9NE Tel, 01258 452953
- Elberton Garage, Camp Lane, Elberton Olveston, Bristol BS35 4AQ Tel, 01454 414670
- Misterton Garage,Misterton, Crewkerne. TA18 8LY Tel 01460 729977
- Sharnford Garage, Leicester Road, Sharnford, Hinckley, Leics
- French & Son Ltd, Oakdene Garage, Street End Lane, Broadoak, Heathfield, East Sussex. TN21 8TU 01435 863587