BHR logo

The last meeting of the season for some of our racing members. A long weekend too but with nice (uncharacteristic) weather.

Quick Clicks:

Words: click

Circuit: click

Photos: click

Results: click

Words – from Pete Clews:

Cadwell in the sunshine takes some beating and Saturday morning arrived with a deep blue sky and glorious sunshine just to please the six Morgans entered in the B3 races. The paddock was packed and the meeting oversubscribed. Practice was very successful for all except Charles Pilbeam who had failed scrutineering and spent the day working with his team of mechanics led by Chris Western as they toiled in the hot sun! Club support for the Morgans was everywhere. Phil Bridge braved the 5 hour drive from Shipston to Scrutineer and to help Pete Clews keep the F-Type running.  Dave Hodgson hadn’t entered his racer but came to help anyone who needed help.  Sue and George Darbyshire arrived late on Friday and stopped over on the way to VSCC Snetterton, Nancy Thomas arrived from the IOM and David Browne arrived on a resplendent AJS. The Garsides joined a multitude of Bibbys and the Pearsons were supported by Brian Woods, Cliff Dearden and Roger Gray. Pete Jones and Chris Shorrock camped for the weekend, Neil Smith, whose car has major engine problems, appeared on Sunday as did Austin Smith in his 5 Speeder.

Race 6 went very well with a Morgan 1-2-3 led home by Bill and Maggie Tuer. In 10th place Pete Clews was running in his new engine after the blowup at Darley and further down the field Tony Pearson quickly overcame his pre-race jitters after his last outing at Cadwell. Richard and Vicki White had pulled off at the start with drive-line failure and took no further part in the weekend.

There was a long wait for Race 18 with several stoppages and it looked as if darkness would fall and we would need lights. As it was the race finished 3 minutes before the circuit curfew.  Bill Tuer took the chequered flag first followed by Chas Reynolds who cheekily slipped past Greg Bibby at the Old Hairpin. Danny Hodgson was driving the Speed Penguin Buckland and was battling for the top three position early on in the race but fell back to finish 6th. Pete Clews and Becky Washington finished 10th again with Tony and Verity Pearson further back in 17th.

Sunday was cool and damp at 7am but by the start of racing at 9.30 the sun had burst through so sunbathing was the occupation until Race 30 which took place after lunch. Bill Tuer finished almost 14 seconds ahead of Greg Bibby while Danny Hodgson moved the Buckland up to 4th. With Charles Pilbeam’s F-Type now reassembled Tony Pearson had someone to race and was able to stay ahead by 20 seconds at the end. Charles Reynolds retired on lap 2 with engine problems and was unable to take part in the last race.

There was another very long wait until Race 42 and the Morgans had dwindled to 4.  Bill Tuer came first half a minute ahead of The Buckland, Pete Clews finished 5th while the closest finish was Tony Pearson’s victory over Charles Pilbeam by half a second. The sun had begun to set on a very successful last race of the season and the lights of the Fish and Chip shop in Wragby beckoned.

Back to Top

The Circuit:

click on the map for a closer look

cadwell park map


Back to Top

The Photos – From Sue Clews:

BHR Double Cadwell - 26th/27th September 2015


Back to Top

The Results:

Bill Tuer clocked exactly the same fastest lap times in races 6 and 30 at 66.31 mph. His fastest lap was in race 42 at 67.82 mph. For all the results, click on the image below. Morgans featured in races 6, 18, 30 and 42:

Cadwell September 2015 Results


Back to Top